I recently shared a baked oats recipe and it got a lot of love. So I wanted to upgrade it with a seasonal twist. This recipe contains a portion of veg and it’s loaded with protein and fibre. This quantity is enough for 1, increase for more portions! Vegan & Gluten Free.
- 40-50g oats
- 1 scoop of protein powder, either unflavoured or vanilla (I use Form Nutrition unflavoured, it’s a plant based blend cos I don’t get on well with whey)
- 1 chia egg (1 tsp of chia seeds soaked in water)
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree, homemade or tinned (you can also use any type of squash or sweet potato)
- 1 tablespoon date paste (soaked and blended) or just chopped up finely
- 100ml oat milk (or your favourite)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground mixed spice
- drop of vanilla (optional)
Pre heat oven to 180C fan.
Combine all the ingredients together, stir thoroughly and pour in to an oven proof dish.
Bake for 10-15 until a crust is forming on top. Allow to cool for a few minutes (I know it’s hard, but you’ll burn your mouth like I did)
Top with whatever you like – I used a tablespoon of vanilla coconut yoghurt (Coconut Collaborative), pumpkin seeds & maple syrup.